Wednesday 6 February 2008

Spring Chicken!

This card was very quick and easy to make... As I think I've mentioned before, I bought the French version of the Spring Fling set (Vive Le Printemps) - hence the sentiment on the card. The French (and German) versions of all stamp sets are available for purchase via the UK catalogue. I was trying to find something simple to make really quickly, as I've lost all my energy - I've had the winter vomiting virus all week. Very unpleasant!

I inked up the entire chicken with So Saffron ink and then coloured over the ink on the legs and beak with a marker before stamping.

I've added a couple of fun elements: (1) yellow Fun Flock has been adhered to the chick's body, making him nice and fluffy!; and (2) I've added a "googly eye"...

Products (Stampin' Up!):-
- stamps: Vive le Printemps
- cardstock: So Saffron; Whisper White and Pumpkin Pie
- ink: So Saffron (chick's body); Certainly Celery (sentiment)
- markers: Really Rust (chick's legs and beak); Creamy Caramel (ground beneath chick)
- printed paper: Designer Series Certainly Celery paper
- ribbon: Certainly Celery

Non-SU Products:-
- yellow Fun Flock (Stampendous); and "googly eye" (craft market)

No comments: