Saturday 2 February 2008

Happy Hearts!


This is a Valentine card for my husband. My initial inspiration for a layout with a row of hearts with dots above came from the card shown on page 22 of the Stampin' Up! UK catalogue... I've changed the colours and layout, though. I'm really pleased with the end product; I like the colour combination and the contrast of the blue with the reds and purples.

I love the Happy Hearts stamp set; it's really good value at £14.95 for six stamps. I've been using it for quite a few scrapbook pages too, so I think I've already had my money's worth!

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):-
- stamps: Polka Dot background; Happy Hearts; Wonderful Words
- ink: Ruby Red; Bravo Burgundy; Brocade Blue; Perfect Plum
- card: Whisper White; Brocade Blue
- other: pale blue gingham ribbon


1 comment:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Elaine,
I love your work! I'm a SU demo in the States. I saw one of your cards on Splitcoast and found that you live in Scotland. My husband and I went there for our 10 year anniversary - so 4 years ago. We fell in love with Glasgow, Edinburgh, Craigellachie and other towns. Of course we had to go Scotch tasting. We actually went during the month of November. The weather had been cold and we only had rain once...the day we were leaving. It wasn't a big tourist time which was super for us!

Just wanted to say hello and wish we could return to Scotland soon :)

I look forward to seeing more of your cards on Splitcoast.

Eileen
hochstein2005@verizon.net