Tuesday 19 February 2008

Green Card?

I'm still thinking in "American"... and I'm still functioning in another time zone i.e. five hours behind UK time (is the Boston time zone EST?) - I've been shattered all day. I keep thinking about "green cards" and the little green piece of card/temporary visa stuck in my passport... and this card is definitely green! I don't generally use a lot of brightly coloured green in my projects, so I had to push myself to try this colour scheme... and I like the effect.

I distressed the edges of the white card of the stamped piece with the little SU distressing tool (one of the four tools on the cutting tool). It works really well - I'm impressed!


The rectangular image from the "Oh, So Lovely" Level 1 hostess stamp set was stamped with Garden Green and the berries image was stamped on top with Basic Black ink. I very roughly coloured the berries with some Ruby Red ink (taken from the lid of the ink pad and mixed with water) and used the White gel pen to highlight a few of the berries and add some texture. The stamped piece was mounted on a strip of Green Galore card. The card itself is made from half a sheet of Garden Green card folded in half and it was overstamped (on both sides) with the En Francais background using Green Galore ink (to match the Green Galore card mount behind the stamped piece). The word "Happiness" from the "Welcoming Words" Level 1 hostess set was stamped using Basic Black ink.

I've tied some black gingham ribbon around a metal spiral from the Hodgepodge Hardware set.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Really beautiful I use green a lot, too much probably.
The en francais stamp is lovely, one of my fave background stamps