Saturday 9 February 2008

Magenta Tree

This card was created because I had a notion to do something with the Magenta tree stamp which I've used as the focal image... I think it's a fantastic stamp. The image has been watercoloured with SU Watercolour Wonder Crayons and I've added self-adhesive simulated pearls amongst the tree branches. I've also drawn around the black doodle outline with clear and pink Copic Spica glitter pens - I've added dots and lines, but they are not visible in the photo, which is a shame.

The image was stamped on SU Very Vanilla cardstock with Black Stazon ink and mounted on Bordering Blue cardstock. The brown card blank (with white inner) is by Hero Arts. There's a large piece of heavy-weight cream ric rac behind the stamped image. The patterned paper on the left hand side is Basic Grey Obscure and it was the inspiration for the colour scheme.

ps: to those of you who have left such nice comments either on this blog or by email - thank you! It is appreciated.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Elaine
I dont have the Very Vanilla Cardstock is it as smooth as the Whisper White??

Lovely Card.