Tuesday 26 February 2008

Happy Day

These two little cards were made using bits and pieces from the Stampin' Up! "Happy Day" Simply Sent set. The stamps included with the set are excellent and will be useful for a variety of other cards in future.

The card on the right follows the template included with the set. The card on the left is a variation (only the snowflake and flower group stamps are used in the two templates included with the set; the cupcake and large flower are not used at all, so I thought I'd use the pink flower template and substitute a cupcake).

These were quick and easy to make, although I think they look really cute. I enjoyed making them.

I've added some Stardust Stickles glitter glue on the candle flame and around the top of the candle on the cupcake; it looks great, but it's lost in the photo. I've shaded underneath the cupcake with Always Artichoke, but you can't see that either (and the pink and blue pastels are barely visible in the photo - the flash drained them).




No comments: