Saturday 2 February 2008

Happy Paisley!

This is a very quick and easy card... which was precisely what it was intended to be! I'm trying to make a few "quick make" cards for my sample packs. Quite often you just need to make a card quickly - at the last minute - and you don't have time to mess around with too much cutting, trimming, layering and watercolouring etc etc.

I really like the colour combination; I'd use it again.

The card itself was made with So Saffron cardstock and stamped with the Paisley stamp and So Saffron ink randomly on the left hand side. The right hand side includes a piece of Rose Red printed Paisley Designer Series paper - they co-ordinate very well! The flowers were coloured using So Saffron ink (by pressing the ink pad against the lid whilst closed and then lifting a small amount of ink from the lid of the open ink pad and mixing it with some water). I used a bit of Old Olive ink from the ink pad lid for the two leaves.

Products used (Stampin' Up!):-
- stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley; Year After Year (flowers)
- ink: Black Stazon; So Saffron
- card: So Saffron; Regal Rose; Whisper White; Rose Red Designer Series paper
- other: black brads; a scrap of non-SU black polka dot ribbon; Dazzling Diamonds glitter (in dots around the flowers)

1 comment:

Lavender stamper said...

Beautiful cards, I love stampin up. I will keep checking back when I need a dose of inspiration.