Wednesday 16 January 2008

Smells Fishy!

I made a birthday card this evening... it's a specific "target" for a male who is about to turn 30 and who likes fishing! (You've probably guessed that by now).

Products:-

- stamp: Paper Nation (fisherman)
- Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery cardstock (for the main card)
- Basic Grey "Obscure" patterned paper (left hand side)
- Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (for the die cuts and mount)
- Quickutz mini tag and numbers "3" and "0" dies
- Stampin' Up! yellow coloured ("gold") hemp twine (not available in the UK)
- Stampin' Up! metallic brads
- Stampin' Up! Watercolour Wonder Crayons (to colour the stamped image)
- Stickles Stardust glitter glue (on the fish)

The Stickles on the fish makes its scales shimmer! The gold hemp really struck a chord with me, as my brother fishes and I've seen him use yellow fishing line which looks fairly similar.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Love the card you made Ian (did I guess right?)! Too cute. I do want a few images of that so I can watercolor them! LOL

Arlene the beggar....

Elaine said...

Hi, Arlene... You'd be more than welcome to a pile of images of this little chap with the fish!

No, not for Ian... he's quite a bit older than 30, but he'll be flattered that you think he's youthful!!! Also, Ian thinks fish come in packets from the supermarket; he wouldn't know how to use a fishing rod!

Arlene said...

I'd have to agree with Ian... fish do come that way don't they??? I can't use a fishing rod either...unless I were to paint or alter it.... hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love your coloring!
Hugs and smiles