Thursday 10 January 2008

Happy Everything

This is a quick card created using one of the new Hero Arts "Card Art" stamps... it comes packaged with two brown "kraft" cards and envelopes and a couple of strips of self adhesive gems. It's a fairly large stamp.

The composition isn't earth shattering. I've watercoloured the image after stamping it with Black Stazon on SU So Saffron cardstock. The black and So Saffron floral die cuts were made using Cuttlebug dies and the brad is a pearl effect brad (I think it's by Bazzill). I've used three of the self adhesive gems to lift the image a bit. I think the green/white paper is from the Basic Grey Lily Kate collection. I've chalked the edges with a sponge and Spanish Olive chalk ink.

This is the first card I've created using Tombo Multi glue. I bought a bottle a while ago and this is the first opportunity I've had to try it out. I'm hooked! It's dries like concrete (but it is not brittle like some cheap glue sticks), although you have the chance to slide it around a bit very quickly before it dries, which is great for aligning paper (e.g. the backing paper on the right hand side) and much better than Tombo mono, sticky dots, double-sided tape or other adhesives that don't give the opportunity to move something once positioned.

"Be careful what you say... 'cos reality offends"; (c) David Gray - "When a Century Ends".

No comments: