Thursday 10 January 2008

Craft Room... Flarke!

This is a new item purchased from Ikea for my craft room... I picked it up the other evening along with the extra Bygel poles. It's called a "Flarke" (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90086985) and it was a bargain at £9.99. It's a pretty flimsy unit, I suppose, but it more than does the job for craft items (or cds - which is what it was manufactured for!). It's also very slender... which is a good job, as my craft room is really a big cupboard with a window and I've had to squash this in behind the door! Yes, I jest not - it is behind the door and I keep the door wedged open with a wooden wedge to make space for it. I have no storage space left, so it's a case of "beggars can't be choosers"!

There are four shelves. I've used one for my Stampin' Up background stamps (a perfect fit), one for 6x6 paper pads (<> .... yes, I do have THAT many and I couldn't fit the others on the shelf...) and Cuttlebug embossing folders standing upright, one for some SU stamps and the final shelf for an assortment of blank cards and DCWV paper and card "stack" pads.

I'm trying to clear out my room at the moment to make way for the two additional Bygel poles... you can see the current two in situ along with all my mess (and cows):-


The little white Quickutz Magpie storage unit has been moved from the left side of the desk to the right to make a space on the wall. It has already made a huge difference and I can see my desk again, which is a revelation.

No comments: