Thursday 10 January 2008

Pink & Black...

I made this card earlier this evening... the colour scheme and idea were not mine! I love the look of SU Pixie Pink with Basic Black. The stamp set is SU "Simply Said", which is a great set with lots of possibilities - so many stamps in one set!

I followed written instructions from a friend in America, Arlene, and diligently measured out all of the pieces of cardstock etc without really knowing what the final product would look like (which was quite entertaining - a magical mystery stamping tour!). I made a bit of a balls of the white stamped piece... I couldn't quite understand the instructions (because I'm D-U-M-B), but I think there was supposed to be some sort of folded mini card adhered to the front. I produced a "variation on a theme" and went off on a frolic of my own at that stage... I added some Stardust Stickles glitter glue around the flowers and a couple of black die cuts as leaves... the die cuts were actually the left-overs from the black flower Cuttlebug die cut used on the other Hero Arts card posted earlier!

I'll definitely use this colour scheme again.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Bad enough I did not send a photo with my directions, but I had the gall to send the dimensions in inches not centimeters....

I am surprised how close it is to the original card! You did a fantastic job Elaine.

Arlene

JenMarie said...

That Arlene, she could have at least given you cm measurements! ;)
Great job on this!