Thursday, 25 September 2008

Roses - Demo Day

This is one of the two make and take projects we made at the Stampin' Up! Training Day last Saturday. The stamp set is a new one called "A Rose is a Rose" - it's a large set of 14 stamps and it's one of the "two step" stamp sets... we used a couple of shades of green and pink to build up the different layers of the roses and leaves.

The torn edge at the bottom didn't quite work, in my view... although it looks interesting, the card wasn't able to stand upright, because the front was shorter than the rear! I've since added an extra piece of Confetti White cardstock under the front torn edge... and that seems to do the job. The pink scalloped section on the lower part of the card was created using the new scallop border punch.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Looks fabulous Elaine, mine did not turn out as nice as yours.
Agree about the torn edge.