Saturday 20 September 2008

Demo Day


Well... today's the day! At long last the day of the Glasgow Stampin' Up! demo training day has arrived! We'll be given a copy of the new catalogue... I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

I've prepared this post in advance to ensure that I don't forgot to upload photos of my submission for the demo card "competition". We've been asked to submit an entry of our choice... no criteria. I've made a card, as I didn't really have time to do anything particularly fancy.

I've used the Season of Joy stamp set and various punches. I'm really pleased with the front of the card and I'll replicate it again, I think, with different stamps. I've used the spiral stamp from the Season of Joy set with versamark ink on the base card to give a watermark effect on the background... it's not terribly visible in the photo, but gives a nice touch to the card.

The inside of the card is shown below; I saw a card using little spirals on the inside of a card on one of the American demo blogs, but it didn't say who came up with the idea. There were no instructions, so I don't know how the blog card was made... I just made up my technique as I went along! The card I saw had little cut out butterflies on the spirals. I've changed the concept slightly by adding the punched circles and ribbon etc... the little flower punches added to the spirals are double-sided i.e. a flower has been adhered on each side (so you have something nice to see no matter which angle you view it from!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

neat card! Love the spirals!