Friday 12 September 2008

Good news!

The scallop border punch in the current American Stampin' Up! catalogue will be in our new UK Stampin' Up! catalogue due to be launched on 1st October. It'll be priced at £10.95. I love the punch! It's a bit like the Fiskars Threading Water punch, but without the holes - so much more versatile as you can always make the holes with a hole punch or crop-a-dile.

In addition, the catalogue will include textured 12" x 12" cardstock in all four colour families and, best of all... the "Pocket Silhouettes" stamp set which is one of the main stamp sets featured in the new American catalogue! The stamp set will be priced at £15.95. You can see some sample cards in the Splitcoaststampers gallery by clicking here. It's a fabulous set.

You can pre-order any of the new items from me now and I'll be able to place your orders from 1st October.

Something odd... whilst I was looking at the Splitcoaststampers gallery yesterday, I noticed that they've used one of my stamped images as a gallery link; the image is a watercoloured cocktail glass from one of my cards made with the Cheers to You stamp set. It has been used as the link to the current "C - D" section of the gallery. You can see it by clicking here and scrolling down. I'd recognise my colouring anywhere, so I did I double-take, I can tell you, when I stumbled across it by accident! The actual card it was taken from is in the gallery - it's not one of my favourites, to be honest. (Typical!). I've copied the little image below, as no doubt it will be replaced with another one when the colour-scheme changes (it's currently orange).

Lastly... a little mini-book I made with Hero Arts stamps about five months ago was inadvertently picked up by the Hero Arts blog staff and received a little mention on their blog and a prize! I say it was inadvertent, as I didn't actually make the mini-book for the blog challenge (the closing date for which was fairly recent); any Hero Arts gallery items with the word "mini-book" as a tag must have been fair game - which meant I was incredibly surprised to browse their blog and spot my mini-book! That's not bad - twice in a week that I've stumbled across my images on the internet by accident! You can see the relevant page of the Hero Arts blog by clicking here and scrolling down. My book is the one shown below. I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't think my mini-book is particulary great... I've definitely made better mini-books! It was supposed to be quick and easy - it was made from some blank square cards bound together with fibres; the inner pages are stamped along the edges and the centre portions of the pages are covered with patterned paper. The edges have been distressed with chalk inks.


No comments: