Monday 29 September 2008

Christmas cracker cards...

This is one of the Christmas cracker cards I demonstrated at the Stampin' Up! Demo Training Day the Saturday before last. It's a variation of the explosion card shown in earlier posts. Although I like the effect of the square explosion cards, I wanted to find a way to make the cards fit a standard Stampin' Up! rectangular envelope.

I've used Old Olive cardstock for the base, with Dashing patterned papers. The central piece was made using a stamp from the Season of Joy stamp set with an eyelet and two scallop circle punched pieces of Real Red and Old Olive cardstock. I've used Dazzling Diamonds glitter around the front panel.

The card has two "extension" pieces at either end. I've used Real Red cardstock for this one. Each piece is 4" x 3", which adds one inch of extra cardstock at each end. When the card is folded flat, it fits a standard sized C6 envelope (including the Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla and Whisper White envelopes).

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Looks lovely Elaine, I must try & master it, you made it look so easy.