Monday 31 March 2008

You Hoo


A card made for a friend last night... The owl is by Hero Arts and forms part of a set of four wood mounted owl stamps. The "You Hoo" is an acrylic stamp and was a wee bit of a pain to work with (more so than usual for an acrylic stamp), if I'm honest - it took me about five attempts to obtain a half-decent image. I'm not entirely sure what was wrong, but never mind - I got there in the end. Perhaps I was having an off day! I'm pleased with the card, though; I like the colours. The large and small branch stamps are also by Hero Arts. The button and linen thread are by SU, as is the Word Window punch (albeit not currently available in the UK).

The owl was stamped on SU Bashful Blue cardstock using Black Stazon, and then stamped again with the same ink on SU Very Vanilla cardstock. I cut the owl (minus the legs) from the vanilla cardstock and adhered it with Dimensionals to the blue cardstock. I watercoloured the owl with SU Watercolour Wonder Crayons beforehand. I coloured its feet/claws on the blue cardstock with an SU Only Orange marker. I love this little owl stamp - it's brilliant!

No time to do anything this evening... a bad start to the week (and I have a thumping migraine!)!

1 comment:

Jamie McKeon said...

Oh gosh! I love that card!