Saturday 22 March 2008

Spring piercing!


The background panel for this card was stamped with one of the new large Hero Arts background stamps (Spring 2008 release). I coloured it with several different colours of chalk ink (yellows, blues and greens) and stamped it on SU Very Vanilla cardstock. The pale turquoise base card is a pre-scored card by Memory Box, with a matching coloured envelope. I punched a scallop of SU Cool Carribean cardstock (a colour which was discontinued in America about a year ago, sadly, and which has never been released in the UK) as it was almost an identical colour match.

The little flower inside the scallop is a portion of the background stamp; I coloured a single flower with an SU Gable Green marker and stamped it on SU Very Vanilla cardstock. I punched a circle with the SU 1 3/8" circle punch. A pale blue Hero Arts self-adhesive gem was added to the centre of the flower and I've added white dots to each of the scallop "petals" with an SU white gel pen. I think the green ruffle ribbon is by May Arts, but I'm not sure as I've had it a long, long time (and thought I should make an effort to use it!). I punched a hole in one petal on the lower left of the scallop and added a little green metal spiral (by Creative Impressions) - it made me think of an earring in a pierced ear!!

No comments: