Saturday 17 October 2009

daylight and sunshine!



At last... seem decent daylight (with sunshine - as opposed to grey cloud) to take a photo of this card!   The card was really easy to make, but I quite like the effect.  I've used the new Retro Remix wheel with a Close to Cocoa ink cartridge on the whole of the base card... a cheap and easy way to make your own background paper.  I've sponged around the edge of the card using the same colour of ink.  I'd sponge everything given half the chance, so sometimes I need to restrain myself!

I've used the new 1 3/4" large circle punch (ideal for layering with the other circle punches), new word window punch and the 1" circle punch... also the Hello Again stamp set (for the flower)... such a cute and useful little stamp set for £9.95.  The sentiment is from the Trendy Trees stamp set. I've also used the new mat pack and paper piercing tool to make holes around the edge of the Close to Cocoa layer... easy and effective.

Lovely and sunny today... it was nice yesterday too, but I think it's to rain tomorrow, which is a shame.


Secondly, another quick photo of a card I made a couple of weeks ago... the photo was taken at night, unfortunately, so the rotten light and use of flash has bleached the image a bit.  I've used the new Circle Circus stamp set and the Good Friend stamp set for the sentiment... again - quick and easy!  Still guilty of over-use of those Earth Elements colours, I'm afraid... I'm using them for everything at the moment. I'll try to use something different in my next post (but not guarantees!).

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Both pretty cards but LOVE that first one, what a great combination of elements.