Wednesday 14 October 2009

autumn...



Another autumnal card... and another birthday card (well, two, in fact - I made two the same, one for each of my aunts!  They're coming to visit tonight, so it was a bit of a "Last Minute Larry" job on my part... just made it in the nick of time).  I love autumn, so it's a great excuse to use Earth Elements cardstock and inks for just about everything at the moment.

This card is fairly basic to make.  The only remotely time-consuming thing was cutting out the frame.  (Yes, I DID deliberately cut off the little twirly bits at the top and bottom of the bracket - I wanted a cleaner looking bracket frame for this card!).  I've sponged Chocolate Chip ink around each of the layers.

No rain here today... a proper autumn day.  Cold, but not too cold... and lots of leaves on the ground - brilliant!

Products used:-
- stamps: Autumn Days; Frames with Flourish; A Bit of Birthday Cheer
- cardstock: Whisper White; Ruby Red textured; More Mustard
- inks: Chocolate Chip; More Mustard; Really Rust
- other: Pumpkin Pie stripe ribbon (love this!); antique brass large brad; stampin-ma-jig (to line up the birthday sentiment in the frame)

No comments: