Wednesday 7 October 2009

cupcakes



I've been busy cutting out cupcakes... 12 large ones and four small ones!  One or two doesn't take too long, but 16 takes a fair while.  I've made four of these cards, you see... three for birthdays and one to keep as a sample.  I'm really pleased with the colour scheme... I've used Earth Elements, which wouldn't be the most obvious colour scheme to use with cupcakes... but I was thinking "autumn" and thought I'd give it a try.  I used the Stampin-ma-jig to line up the "happy birthday to you" sentiment to make a circle... the idea came to me in a flash of inspiration and it worked!


Gone are the days when I used to make one of each card. I've been making cards for 20+ years and I never, EVER used to make more than one of the same card... but for the last few months I've been making multiples of most cards - it saves time and time is something most of us don't have much of (or, at least, much to spare!).



Products used:-
- cardstock: Close to Cocoa textured cardstock; Whisper White
- stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes (page 32 of the catalogue)
- ink: Black Stazon; Close to Cocoa
- Patterned paper: Spiced Cider
- punches: scallop circle; scallop border; 1 3/8" and 1" circles
- ribbon: Chocolate Chip tafetta
- other: Stampin-ma-jig; white gel pen; glue pen; Tombow mono multi glue; Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Earth Elements watercolour wonder crayons

No comments: