Monday 7 April 2008

Pumpkin & Olive

I seem to use the Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive colour combination a lot... and last night was no exception. I had to make a Sympathy card and a Birthday card (arguably a strange mixture, I know - but I needed both). The fact that I knew I would be making a Sympathy card was my initial reason for chosing the Close as a Memory stamp set to work with, although I've since decided that I like the flower image regardless and I'd probably use it for just about anything. The stamp was inked with Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie markers.

I've recently bought the Stampin' Up! Watercolour Joy wheel and Pumpkin Pie wheel ink and I wanted to test those too... I started off rolling three plain white square card blanks (front and back) with the wheel and Pumpkin Pie ink - and I rolled matching envelopes by placing a piece of scrap A4 paper under the envelope flap and rolling the remaining top portion (see the photo below).
Both cards are fairly similar, but the Birthday card has Dazzling Diamonds glitter around the Old Olive panel and I've used Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon. I've also stamped the flower image a bit darker on the Birthday card (and I used Whisper White cardstock which takes the ink much better than average cardostck); I didn't add brads or a button to the Birthday card as I think the flower image is much more of a focal point than it is on the Sympathy card.

I've added Old Olive brads and a matching button (threaded with linen thread) to the Sympathy card and I've used some scallop ribbon which is slightly lighter in shade than Old Olive. The edges of the strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock on each card have been distressed with the tool from the Stampin' Up! cutter kit. The birthday sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.

I haven't finished the third card, which is completely different... I've distressed/aged the edges with some Tim Holtz distress ink and Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip ink. I'll post a photo when it's finished (which I don't think will be tonight - I don't feel as though I have a single creative bone in my body this evening!).

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Beautiful cards Elaine - really like that stamp set now!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!
I love pumpkin and olive:)