Sunday 13 April 2008

Birthday Cheer

I haven't had a free minute all week, hence the distinct lack of posts... I'm completely behind on everything.

There are several birthdays during April which I need to make cards for - this is the first one. I used Stampin' Up! markers to colour the flower stamp (from the Heartfelt Thanks Level 3 hostess set); there's a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers at the moment about the "thumping" technique (click here to view it) and I suppose that's what I've used here... albeit I didn't know it had a formal name! I coloured the flower heads with the mustard shade first of all and then added some chocolate to give more dimension.

I used the distressing wheel on the SU cutter tool to "rough up" the edges of the Chocolate Chip panel. I inked the edges of the white panel with some mustard ink.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):-
- stamps: Heartfelt Thanks; Birthday Cheer & Wishes
- cardstock: Sage Shadow; Chocolate Chip; Whisper White
- patterned paper: Brocade Background
- markers: More Mustard; Sage Shadow; Chocolate Chip
- ink: Chocolate Chip
- other: Earth Elements brads; More Mustard Ribbon; Hodge Podge Hardware metal spiral

No comments: