Sunday 13 April 2008

Black(bird) Magic?

I'm not sure how this bird got into our kitchen nor when it came in... perhaps it can walk through walls? To be fair, the bathroom window was open a tiny sliver (about 2 inches) for a short time, but that seems very hard to believe (but easier to believe, perhaps, than a blackbird with magical powers which can walk through walls).

I thought I heard a bang in the kitchen earlier... we went downstairs and a blackbird (I think that's what it was) was throwing itself at the window trying to get out. It defies belief, really. I've never seen anything like it. The poor thing must have injured itself as it kept throwing itself head first at the glass, which made me feel terrible. We opened the window and it eventually worked it out and flew out, although it spent quite some time sitting up at the top of our units staring at us first of all. I managed to take a quick photo, but it's a bit blurred. We now need to fumigate the kitchen, of course, as who knows what germs it has left behind. It's funny as we were about to start chucking stuff out anyway, as we signed a deal yesterday afternoon to have our (tragic) kitchen re-done. Perhaps it was a special motivational bird sent by the kitchen company?

I'm glad I have a photo (blurred or otherwise) or I'd start to wonder whether I'm delusional...

Unbelievable.

No comments: