Friday 4 April 2008

Driving by...


A birthday card for a male relative... I suppose it could be more masculine. I've avoided obvious frilly things and glitter, though. I really like the twill ribbon, but I wonder whether the recipient will think it's a piece of bandage?! The card was quick and easy to make.

I didn't initially plan to use the Soft Subtles shades of Watercolour Wonder Crayons to colour the truck, but I started making the card at my mum's house a few nights ago and she has a choice of Soft Subtles or Soft Subtles in crayons at the moment, so it wasn't a difficult decision...

I've "roughed up" the green cardstock behind the stamped piece using the SU distressing wheel from the cutter tool.

Products:-
- stamps: Loads of Love; Loads of Love Accessories
- ink: Black Stazon
- cardstock: So Saffron; Very Vanilla; random piece of striped paper; Mellow Moss (thin strip)
- other: Watercolour Wonder Crayons; button; glue dots; Dimensionals; SU linen thread (through button); twill ribbon; SU cutter tool (distressing wheel); two SU vintage brads (wheels); SU corner rounder

NB: the spider is STILL on the kitchen ceiling.

No comments: