Sunday 22 June 2008

Celebrate

A busy week last week...

This is a quick card I made this morning for my youngest cousin - she has a new job. The stamp on the left-hand side is part of a Bella stamp I picked up at Scrap-a-ganza in Holland. I punched out the top part using a circle punch (I forget which size - probably 1 1/4") and mounted it on a scallop of SU Only Orange card punched using the SU scallop punch. The card/envelope are by Creative Cafe; I picked them up in America, but the card is disappointly flimsy and I had to back it with a piece of rigid card (I used DCWV pink glitter card from the new Blossoms & Butterflies stack). I used the same DCWV card on the front.

My first Bella stamp... I've never bothered to buy any before now as I'm too lazy to be bothered with unmounted stamps and I don't often use the unmounted stamps I've gathered up over the years. I know there are loads of "fans" out there, though, and I can't believe how many stamps there are on the web-site. I liked this image of the lady holding the cocktail and I thought I'd get some use out of it (and I was right!). I think I bought two others, one of which was a bloke standing beside a BBQ (a male Bella? I don't know the official name). I mounted them using EZ Mount self-adhesive foam.

The "Celebrate" stamp is by SU (from the Wonderful Words set) and the stamp on the envelope is by Penny Black. I used SU Only Orange ink. I coloured the Bella with SU Watercolour Wonder crayons in Earth Elements and I used Spica glitter pens to highlight her hair and cocktail... That was my entertainment for the morning, amidst laundry, paying bills (what has happened to electricity and gas prices???) and other boring household rubbish that I'm sure everyone else has been doing this morning.

My (more exciting) entertainment for yesterday (I think Helen would call this an "oops" of the biggest possible variety) was that I ordered a new car and traded-in my existing one... I'm doing the swap at some point next week (I hope; date to be confirmed).

ETA: apparently the Bella stamp is called "cosmobella"... I like that ;o)

No comments: