Monday 26 November 2007

Warm Wishes


This card is a bit of a "cheat" in that it includes two non-SU products! The ribbon is non-SU and the backing paper (white with green distress) is by Basic Grey (the new Christmas "Figgy Pudding" line). There's holographic Stickles glitter glue on the leaves.

The colours are SU Whisper White, Sage Shadow and Ruby Red. The SU stamps are Carte Postale and Cheer and Wishes. I think the Sage Shadow ink of the stamped Carte Postale image works really well with the green in the SU backing paper. SU punches: scallop and 1 3/8 inch circle. I really love the scallop punch; it works with almost anything and really adds something to a card.

I used the SU Stampin-ma-jig to ensure that the Warm Wishes sentiment was precisely where I wanted it to be. An SU demo in America recommended the Stampin-ma-jig to me... I wouldn't have thought of buying it otherwise. It's great as you can line up images and ensure that they dovetail or, in the case of this sentiment, ensure that they are not "squint"!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Elaine,

The card is lovelier in person. Thank you so much for it. I am so glad you decided to get a Stampin ma Jig. They are wonderful for lining up sentiments and pesky flowers ontop of the leaves!

Great blog! Love it when you give me all the "recipe" for the cards you make. You are a talented artist.
Arlene