Friday 8 August 2008

Petals

As promised, here is the first of several cards I've made using some of the Stampin' Up! designer series patterned papers which are on offer during August. I've used the Close to Cocoa prints set for this card (two patterns: the scroll one shown on the left hand side of the card in the photo above and the polka dot print paper shown on the right hand side of the card). I've distressed the edges of the majority of the card with Close to Cocoa ink.

I've used the measurements for the "joy fold" card template published on Splitcoaststampers a couple of weeks ago; you can see it by clicking here. I've made this type of card lots of times over the years (and I didn't know it was called it a joy fold card - but that sounds like as good a name as any), although I'd (almost!) forgotten about it until I saw it on SCS. In this case, I'm going to use the card as a mini scrapbook - although I've yet to insert the two additional sections of concertina card on the inside - and I'll add a few photos and some journalling. If you're thinking of making this card using the SCS template with a view to pairing it with UK C6 envelopes, remember that the measurements on SCS (which are tailored for standard sized American envelopes) can be adapted slightly.

The base card was created using SU Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The petals for the flower were stamped using one of the petal stamps from the Pick a Petal stamp set with Real Red ink on Whisper White cardstock and trimmed. The centre of the flower is another stamp from the same set and it was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink, covered in Dazzling Diamonds glitter and adhered using SU Dimensionals (foam pads). I've used the corner rounder punch to round the corners of the front panel of the Whisper White piece (beneath the petals).

No comments: