Saturday 9 August 2008

Blue


I don't use blue cardstock and ink very much... so I thought I'd make myself use some for this card - and I'm really pleased with the result. I've used SU Brilliant Blue designer series polka dot patterned paper (continuing with the "how to use the August special offer papers" theme!), Tempting Turquoise cardstock and ink, Brilliant Blue ink (with the "Sanded" background stamp) and Night of Navy ribbon - that's a lot of blue!

The stamps used to make the scalloped piece form part of the Seeing Spots stamp set. I've used a variety of circle punches and the scallop punch to layer the images. The flower and pearl centre are part of the SU "Pretties" kit. I've used the SU white gel pen to create the dots on the edges of the scallop to mirror the white dots on the Brilliant Blue patterned paper.

No comments: