Sunday 6 July 2008

Christmas in July...

Well... here they are! My first two Christmas cards for 2008. I'm reasonably sure this is the first time I've made Christmas cards in July... I normally start making them in August and then make some sporadically each month through to the end of November.

These cards are identical except for the horizontal strip of patterned paper (I've used the same set of paper, but different strips) and the size of the knot. The card at the front has a much smaller, neater knot than the one at the rear - I don't have a preference as to which one looks better. I quite like both of them. The base card is made from half an A4 sheet of Stampin' Up!'s Kraft card - my favourite.

I've used Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a glue pen rather than Stickles... Stickles is quicker and easier to apply, I suppose, but the effect just isn't the same. Dazzling Diamonds is so much nicer and has much more sparkle.



Products used (all Stampin' Up!):-
- stamps: Polka Dot background; Perfect Presents
- ink: Handsome Hunter; White Stazon
- cardstock: Kraft; Handsome Hunter; Whisper White; "Dashing" designer series patterned paper
- other: White taffeta ribbon; Dazzling Diamonds glitter; Zig glue pen (chisel tip - for the glitter)

No comments: