Saturday 29 March 2008

Star


A birthday card made for a friend... I found a pack of metal star "spiral" clips in my stash and was trying to think of a slightly different way to use one of them on a card. I used a tall white card base and drew around the outline of an approximately matching shaped star die-cut. I used a craft knife to cut out the star and then tied the metal spiral clip to the card using Stampin' Up! black gingham ribbon. I'm really pleased with the effect!

The lower portion of the card comprises one piece of random striped paper, one piece of SU Pretty in Pink card stamped with some birthday text using black ink (both butted together); on top of those, I layered a "joining section" of an off-cut of a piece of SU Whisper White card which had been stamped with the "Linen" background stamp. I've used the SU corner rounder on the corners of the front and rear of the card.

No comments: