Monday 26 May 2008

Love


An anniversary card made for my dad's youngest sister and her husband, who have been married for 32 years.

The base card is SU So Saffron cardstock, with a strip of Close to Cocoa patterned designer paper and a strip of Creamy Caramel cardstock. The Creamy Caramel cardstock has been distressed at the lower edge with the distressing tool from the SU cutter kit and the top edge of the same piece of cardstock has two rows of holes made with a paper piecing tool and the template from the SU tool kit. I've adhered small simulated pearls along the centre of the Caramel piece.

The "Love" stamp is from the SU Wonderful Words stamp set and was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink, whilst the flower stamp is from the All Natural stamp set and was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Black Stazon. The ribbon is Stampin' Up! Taffeta ribbon in Chocolate Chip... I love the taffeta ribbon, despite not having purchased it for ages as I didn't think I'd fancy it! (I have no idea why; pre-conceived notions are often a dangerous thing!). It's superior quality and so soft and easy to tie.

I coloured the flower stamp with a couple of shades from the Earth Elements set of Watercolour crayons, cut it out and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter along the petals. I've adhered a citrus green gem (non-SU) in the centre of the flower.

The base card was created using half a sheet of A4 cardstock, albeit by cutting the cardstock lengthwise (at 10.5cms). I quite like this shape of card. I've used the corner rounder punch to round the front and rear lower corners.

2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty!

Heather said...

What a beautiful and whimsical card!